Series name: "Big Break X: Michigan"
Location: Taped at Boyne Highlands Resort in Harbor Springs, Mich.
Premiere: Oct. 7, 2008, 10 p.m. ET
Format: Sixteen golfers compete as co-ed teams of two
Hosts: Billy Ray Brown and Stina Sternberg
The ContestantsBelow are the eight teams (16 golfers) making up the cast. Read more about the contestants here. To view cast photos and bios, click on a name below, or view in slideshow format.
- Haymes Snedeker (Fairhope, Ala.) and Bernadette "Bernie" Luse (Naples, Fla.)
- James Vargas (Miami, Fla.) and Andrea VanderLende (Longwood, Fla.)
- Sally Dee (Tampa, Fla.) and David Mobley (Huntersville, N.C..)
- Amber Prange (Noblesville, Ind.) and Robby Shaw (Louisville, Ky.)
- Hugo Leon (Jupiter, Fla.) and Camila Mori (Miami, Fla.)
- Casey Lubahn and Rachel Lubahn (Lansing Mich.)
- Sherri McDonald (Lambertville, N.J.) and Michael Michaelides (East Elmhurst, N.Y.)
- Rachel Melendez (Atlanta, Ga.) and Otis Smith (Stone Mountain, Ga.)
What's At StakeThe male champion receives an exemption into 2009 PGA Tour Children's Miracle Network Classic; the female champion receives exemption into 2009 Bell Micro LPGA Classic.
• Each member of the winning team gets a BMW 328i Coupe plus a trip to the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, S.C.
• Each member of the winning team receives a Dick's Sporting Goods gift package including $10,000 cash ($5,000 each) and $5,000 in gift cards ($2,500 each).
• Each player's entry fees for the LPGA and PGA Tour Qualifying Tournaments will be covered by SkyCaddie.
• Each member of the winning teams gets an endorsement deal with Adams Golf plus $5,000 cash.
Visit the Golf Channel's "Big Break X" page for updates throughout the course of the series, including show recaps and eliminations.