Series name: Big Break X: Michigan
Location: Taped at Boyne Highlands Resort in Harbor Springs, Mich.
Premiere: Oct. 7, 2008, 10 p.m. ET
Format: Sixteen golfers compete as co-ed teams of two
Hosts: Billy Ray Brown and Stina Sternberg
The ContestantsBelow are the eight teams (16 golfers) making up the cast. Read more about the contestants here. To view cast photos and bios, click on a name below, or view in slideshow format.
- Haymes Snedeker (Fairhope, Ala.) and Bernadette "Bernie" Luse (Naples, Fla.)
- James Vargas (Miami, Fla.) and Andrea VanderLende (Longwood, Fla.)
- Sally Dee (Tampa, Fla.) and David Mobley (Huntersville, N.C..)
- Amber Prange (Noblesville, Ind.) and Robby Shaw (Louisville, Ky.)
- Hugo Leon (Jupiter, Fla.) and Camila Mori (Miami, Fla.)
- Casey Lubahn and Rachel Lubahn (Lansing Mich.)
- Sherri McDonald (Lambertville, N.J.) and Michael Michaelides (East Elmhurst, N.Y.)
- Rachel Melendez (Atlanta, Ga.) and Otis Smith (Stone Mountain, Ga.)
The winning team was Haymes Snedeker and Bernadette Luse.
What's At StakeThe male champion received an exemption into 2009 PGA Tour Children's Miracle Network Classic; the female champion received exemption into 2009 Bell Micro LPGA Classic.
• Each member of the winning team got a BMW 328i Coupe plus a trip to the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, S.C.
• Each member of the winning team got a Dick's Sporting Goods gift package including $10,000 cash ($5,000 each) and $5,000 in gift cards ($2,500 each).
• Each player's entry fees for the LPGA and PGA Tour Qualifying Tournaments were covered by SkyCaddie.
• Each member of the winning teams got an endorsement deal with Adams Golf plus $5,000 cash.