Series Premiere: May 16, 2011
Cast: 11 golfers, all men
Big Break Indian Wells will run for 10 episodes. The winner of the series will receive a minimum of $55,000 (it's winner-take-all), plus an exemption into a 2012 PGA Tour Zurich Classic of New Orleans.
The format for Big Break Indian Wells involves the players trying to take each other's money. Each competitor begins the series with $5,000. Competing in challenges and on the course, the golfers win and lose that money. The object, of course, is to knock everyone else out, taking their money and the championship.
Outcome: David Byrne defeated Kent Eger in the championship match to win Big Break Indian Wells.
The 11 golfers competing on the series can be seen in our Big Break Indian Wells Cast photo gallery. Click the preceding link to browse the gallery, or go directly to one of the player pages:
- David Byrne, Champion
- Kent Eger, Eliminated in Episode 10
- Will Lowery, Eliminated in Episode 9
- Carl Whyte, Eliminated in Episode 9
- Robbie Biershenk, Eliminated in Episode 8
- John Lepak, Eliminated in Episode 7
- Oren Geri, Eliminated in Episode 6
- Russell Normandin, age 36, hometown Woonsocket, R.I. - Eliminated in Episode 4
- Justin Payne, age 30, hometown Floydada, Texas - Eliminated in Episode 3
- Robert Floyd, age 35, hometown Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. - eliminated in Episode 2
- Petey Borja, age 25, hometown Coral Springs, Fla. - eliminated in Episode 1
For more about The Big Break, see our Big Break history, which lists the cast members and winners for every season of the show.