Hosts: Stina Sternberg and Andrew Magee
The match was close throughout the first nine, but Kim - utilizing her great length off the tee to routinely hit drives 60 yards past Sophie - began pulling away on the back nine.
Sophie helped her out quite a bit, too. While Sophie had looked solid on almost every show of this season, she hit a rough patch after the turn with several loose shots and a few 3-putt greens.
One of those three putts allowed Kim to take a 3-up lead after the 13th hole. They halved the 14th, then Sophie missed a birdie putt on the 15th after Kim was in with birdie, and that gave Kim the final 4-and-3 margin.
How Welch fared in her exemption: For winning, Welch gained entry into the 2008 Navistar LPGA Classic. In that tournament, she carded 70-77--147 (+3) and missed the cut.
"Big Break: Kaanapali" Cast MembersClick to view contestant bios or photos:
- Lori Atsedes bio | Lori Atsedes pictures
- Dana Bates bio | Dana Bates pictures
- Susan Choi bio | Susan Choi pictures
- Courtney Erdman bio | Courtney Erdman pictures
- Adrienne Gautreaux bio | Adrienne Gautreaux pictures
- Samantha Head bio | Samantha Head pictures
- Christina Lecuyer bio | Christina Lecuyer pictures
- Tina Miller bio | Tina Miller pictures
- Sophie Sandolo bio | Sophie Sandolo pictures
- Cirbie Sheppard bio | Cirbie Sheppard pictures
- Elizabeth Stuart bio | Elizabeth Stuart pictures
- Kim Welch bio | Kim Welch pictures
More About "The Big Break""Big Break: Kaanapali" was taped at Kaanapali Resort in Hawaii, on the resort's Royal Course and Kai Course.
What the Winner Recieved
An exemption into the 2008 Navistar LPGA Classic; entry fees to all 2009 Futures Tour tournaments waived; an Adams Golf endorsement deal; and a BMW Z4 Coupe.
See links below for more about The Big Break series.