About the Nordea Masters:
2014 Nordea Masters
When: May 29-June 1
Where: PGA Sweden National (Lake Course) in Malmo, Sweden
Mikko Ilonen won for the first time since 2007, taking a 3-stroke victory over Jonas Blixt with a score of 21-under 267. It was Ilonen's third overall win on the Euro Tour - he is the only golfer from Finland (through this point) to win on the European Tour.
Nordea Masters Tournament Records:
- 18 holes: 61 - Fred Couples, 1991
- 72 holes: 262 - Mark Hensby, 2005
Nordea Masters Golf Courses:
Previously, multiple courses hosted the tournament over the years. Most frequent among the host courses was Barseback Golf & Country Club in Malmo.
Nordea Masters Trivia and Notes:
- The tournament was created in 1991 through the merger of two existing Swedish tournaments. The Scandinavian Enterprise Open and the PLM Open combined operations and came out of that merger as the Scandinavian Masters.
- There has not yet been a back-to-back winner in this tournament.
- Colin Montgomerie and Lee Westwood have the most wins with three each. Monty won the inaugural Scandinavian Masters in 1991, and added victories in 1999 and 2001. Westwood first won in 1996, and again in 2000 and 2012.
- Graeme McDowell's first win on the European Tour happened at the 2002 Scandinavian Masters. McDowell still holds the tourney record for youngest winner; he was five days past his 23rd birthday.
- Luke Donald's first European Tour win also happened in this tournament, in 2004 (although it was two years after Donald had already won on USPGA).
- Jesper Parnevik, in 1995, was the first Swede to win this tournament, and he won again in 1998.
- At the 2013 tournament, Andrew Dodt scored two holes-in-one in the same round, en route to a 65 in Round 2.
Nordea Masters Winners:
2013 - Mikko Ilonen, 267
2012 - Lee Westwood, 269
Nordea Scandinavian Masters
2011 - Alexander Noren, 273
2010 - Richard S. Johnson, 277
2009 - Ricardo Gonzalez, 282
2008 - Peter Hanson, 271
2007 - Mikko Ilonen, 274
EnterCard Scandinavian Masters
2006 - Marc Warren-p, 278
Scandinavian Masters by Carlsberg
2005 - Mark Hensby-p, 262
2004 - Luke Donald, 272
Scandic Carlsberg Scandinavian Masters
2003 - Adam Scott, 277
Volvo Scandinavian Masters
2002 - Graeme McDowell, 270
2001 - Colin Montgomerie, 274
2000 - Lee Westwood, 270
1999 - Colin Montgomerie, 268
1998 - Jesper Parnevik, 273
1997 - Joakim Haeggman, 270
1996 - Lee Westwood-p, 281
1995 - Jesper Parnevik, 270
1994 - Vijay Singh, 268
1993 - Peter Baker-p, 278
1992 - Nick Faldo, 277
1991 - Colin Montgomerie, 270