About the Johnnie Walker Championship:
When: Aug. 22-25
Where: The Gleneagles Hotel, Perthshire, Auchterarder, Scotland
2012 Johnnie Walker Championship
Paul Lawrie closed with a 68 to win by four strokes over runner-up Brett Rumford. Lawrie's winning total as 16-under 272. It's the second Europe Tour victory of 2012 for the 1999 British Open champion, and the eighth Euro Tour win of Lawrie's career.
Johnnie Walker Championship Tournament Records:
- 18 holes: 62 - Martin Erlandsson, 2009
- 72 holes: 262 - Adam Scott, 2002
Johnnie Walker Championship Golf Courses:
Johnnie Walker Championship Trivia and Notes:
- In 2001, Paul Casey earned his first European Tour win at what was then called the Gleneagles Scottish PGA Championship.
- Casey is the only 2-time winner of the Johnnie Walker Championship at Gleneagles. He also won in 2006.
- Adam Scott fired a final-round 63 - the lowest final round by a winner in tournament history - to win the 2002 title. Scott, who was 22 years and 40 days old at the time, remains the tourney's youngest winner.
- Also in 2002, Scott set the tournament record for largest margin of victory. He won by 10 strokes.
Johnnie Walker Championship Winners:
Johnnie Walker Championship at Gleneagles
2012 - Paul Lawrie, 272
2011 - Thomas Bjorn-p, 277
2010 - Edoardo Molinari, 278
2009 - Peter Hedblom, 275
2008 - Gregory Havret, 278
2007 - Marc Warren-p, 280
2006 - Paul Casey, 276
2005 - Emanuele Canonica, 281
Diageo Championship at Gleneagles
2004 - Miles Tunnicliff, 275
2003 - Soren Kjeldsen, 279
Diageo Scottish PGA Championship
2002 - Adam Scott, 262
Gleneagles Scottish PGA Championship
2001 - Paul Casey, 274
Scottish PGA Championship
2000 - Pierre Fulke, 271
1999 - Warren Bennett-p, 282