2014 PGA Championship
Dates, Qualifying Criteria for 2014 PGA Championship Golf Tournament
The PGA Championship, governed by the PGA of America, is played every August. The tournament is one of the four major championships of men's professional golf.
Poll: Which of these 10 golfers do you think is most likely to win the 2014 PGA Championship? (click your choice to cast vote)
1) Rickie Fowler
2) Sergio Garcia
3) Martin Kaymer
4) Rory McIlroy
5) Phil Mickelson
6) Justin Rose
7) Adam Scott
8) Jordan Spieth
9) Bubba Watson
10) Tiger Woods
Visit our PGA Championship golf tournament index for more info about this major.
2014 PGA Championship FieldThese are the golfers who've qualified (through July 22) for the 2014 PGA Championship. The final field will be released on July 28.
Miguel Angel Jimenez
Davis Love III
Qualifying Criteria for the 2014 PGA Championship Golf Tournament
There are multiple ways that golfers can qualify to play in the PGA Championship. The field also always includes 20 club professionals playing along with the touring pros. Players who meet the following qualifications (note - subject to change prior to 2014 PGA) earn berths in the field:
- All former PGA Champions
- Winners of the previous five U.S. Opens
- Winners of the previous five Masters
- Winners of the previous five British Opens
- The current year Senior PGA Champion
- The low 15 (and ties) finishers from the previous PGA Championship
- The low 20 finishers in the current year PGA Professional National Championship
- Top top 70 players on the PGA Championship points list for a one-year period concluding (typically) two weeks prior to the current year PGA Championship
- Members of the most recent Ryder Cup teams (both USA and Europe) so long as they are inside the Top 100 in the world rankings
- Winners of PGA Tour events during the period from last year's PGA Championship to this year's PGA
- Remaining openings in field filled by first available player(s) from PGA Championship points list
- Plus any player the PGA of America might choose to invite who otherwise failed to meet the above qualifying criteria.