Augusta National Golf Club is located in Augusta, Ga., and includes an 18-hole course and a 9-hole par-3 course. Augusta National is a private club whose membership is small (around 300). You cannot apply to join Augusta National; you can only be invited to join.
- Address: 2604 Washington Road, Augusta, Georgia 30904-5902
- Phone: (706) 667-6000
- Web site: Course information is available on the official Web site of The Masters.
Augusta Photo Galleries:
Augusta National's Grand Opening:
Augusta National Golf Club Course Architect:
Each hole at Augusta National is named after a flowering shrub or tree. For holes names and hole yardages, see:
See also: Augusta National Par-3 Course
Augusta National Hazards, Turfgrasses, Green Size:
The best-known water feature at Augusta National Golf Club is Rae's Creek, which impacts the three holes of Amen Corner.
The greens are an average of 6,435 square feet in size.
Augusta National Golf Club Landmarks:
For information on these, see our Augusta National Landmarks gallery. Other landmarks included in the gallery are Magnolia Lane, Founders Circle, the Crow's Nest, Rae's Creek, Arnold Palmer Plaque, Jack Nicklaus Plaque, Record Fountain and Ike's Pond.
Significant Tournaments Hosted:
See also: How to get Masters tickets
More Facts about Augusta National Golf Club:
- You cannot apply to join the club, and if you're invited you'll pay less than you might expect. See Augusta National membership
- Membership typically numbers around 300. Prior to Aug. 20, 2012, the membership was (and always had been) all men. The club admitted its first female members on the date mentioned. (FAQ: Who were the first women members at Augusta?)
- The golf course is open only about seven months out of the year. It shuts down in late May, about six weeks after The Masters, and doesn't reopen until mid-October.
- Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer, along with former U.S. Amateur champion and Champions Tour member John Harris, are the only professional golfers known to be members at Augusta.
- The course record during The Masters is 63, posted by Nick Price and Greg Norman.
- Holes 11, 12 and 13 make up "Amen Corner."