In recent years, the series has aired eight episodes for one season, typically airing beginning in February.
The Haney Project Debut
Seasons of The Haney Project
- Season 1: Charles Barkley. Barkley is the NBA legend, but as good at basketball as Barkley is, that's how bad he is at golf. At the time Barkley signed on for the first season of The Haney Project, his golf swing had become a national punchline. He had a "hitch" that was so bad he stopped the club in the middle of his downswing, restarting in order to hit the ball. Haney taking on Barkley for a TV series was brave on the part of both these men. Haney did, in fact, get Barkley playing good golf in practice, but by the end of the Season 1 Barkley was still unable to take his improved swing onto the course - the hitch returned when he got onto a golf hole and was being watched.
- Season 2: Ray Romano. Season 1 of The Haney Project was such a success for the Golf Channel that the series became a regular on the network. Romano was the co-star of the second season. Romano is a comedian and actor best-known for the long-running television season Everybody Loves Raymond.
- Season 3: Rush Limbaugh. Limbaugh is a conservative talk radio host.
- Season 4: This was the first season of The Haney Project in which Haney worked with more than one student. He had four celebrity students for season 4: rock star Adam Levine, boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard, model Angie Everhart and chef Mario Batali.
- Season 5: Michael Phelps. The swimming legend is the owner of a record 22 Olympic medals, including a record 18 gold medals.